Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Living with family - part 2

The latter part of our "homelessness" this summer was spent with my parents. 

Dad was spraying corn this particular morning and of course invited the boys to come along.  How can I say no?  Every time Keagan sees a sprayer on the road or field he screams "Pa! Pa!" Well, I try to explain that Pa is not in every sprayer we see - if you know Keagan you know how the rest of that situation goes!

Kade's first crop spraying adventure



It's crazy how short the corn is in this picture!  It's well above our heads now!

During our stay with Nana and Pa, the Sangamon County Fair was on.  We all went together and the boys had a great time.  First on the list was the alligator show:

The boys watched the alligator but dared not touch it.  For 30 minutes Kellen kept saying how excited he was to see and pet the alligator.  Well, that alligator received no petting from our end! They were pretty freaked out. 

It was just a baby!

We rode several rides after getting our fill on fried and greasy foods.  I'm surprised no one lost their dinner!  I actually took Kade on several rides and he loved them!

Here we are on the BIG ferris wheel!  I thought Kade might be scared but he kept giggling and kicking.





In the fun house...can you count how many bug bites on Kellen's face? 



Kellen in the bumper boats 

And Keagan and Pa with one last ride on Dumbo

One evening Dad was sweeping the grass.  The boys always like to ride with Pa on the mower - or any tractor/atv for that matter.  Mom and I were fixing dinner and the next thing we knew Dad had both boys on the four wheeler.  We both just died laughing - especially watching Keagan riding in the milk crate on the front!!




The boys had sooo much fun doing this!  I hope to have a four-wheeler of my own someday!



I had run out to take these pictures with my mom's camera.  I was running back into the house and just about stepped on a really LONG snake!  You can imagine the dance I did!! Seriously it was an inch from my foot.  I started screaming and of course Dad and the boys heard it.  They came over to see it and chased it back to the creek.  It still gives me the shivers.

I'm so thankful for both sets of parents for letting us live with them for awhile.  We don't know what we would have done without you!!  Thanks a bunch!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment