Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fort building 101

Last weekend Karsten and the boys made a fort one evening. I shouldn't say one evening...we do it every night practically. But this one was the big one. This is Kellen's favorite activity in the evenings and most nights Keagan has already gone to bed by this time but they both got to enjoy this special fort.


This fort required all the pieces of furniture in our living room as well as every pillow and blanket we could find.


The finished product.


Keagan posing proudly.


Kellen posing too.


playing chase

tickling and tackling


and of course what is a fort without camping out in it!


Kellen the next morning.....with Bailey. Kellen slept all night by himself and didn't make a peep. Sometime during the night Bailey snuck out from under our bed and snuck in with Kellen. He loves to sleep with Kellen esp. when he is on the floor.
The past few nights we have made and I quote "a fantasy fort" and a "doggie house fort for the dogs" and a "jumping fort." They all have different names and functions obviously but I love seeing Kellen's imagination at work. Now he just has to improve on the "putting away all the pillows, blankets, cusions...." kind of fort!!


1 comment:

  1. I stumbled on your blog from another blog friend. Looks like the boys had fun. I love reading different family stories. I am a grandmother who watches her granddaughter Monday thru Thurs and blogs some of the stories. I notice that you are from Indiana, I am too. My blog is throughmemawseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete