Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

We hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween! We were busy as soon as we got up! The day was a little hectic but fun as usual. I just wish the boys would have cooperated a little better for pictures!


We started off the day with our daily trek to Carbondale to Kellen's preschool.  The school was having a "Halloween fun and sing party."  I dropped him off at 9 and then we were invited to come back to the school at 10 and join his class for the party. 

He had to show off his pumpkin and cape prior to leaving for school.

The kids were finishing up their spanish lesson when we arrived.  I was totally surprised when they all counted in spanish to 20 and then sang an entire "weather" song in spanish as well!

We had a short "parade" around the school and then stopped for a class picture.  The cop - the one sitting by Kellen - is his "buddy." They immedietly took a liking to each other.   

We then went to the fellowship hall and the kids sang several songs for us.  (The pictures were horrible in that room!).  After singing, everyone piled in line for a lot of sugary treats and drinks.  I don't think my kids ate lunch that day. 

My little scarecrow

My Superheroes.  The heroes were not wanting to cooperate with pictures.

They had better things to do...like save the pumpkin from ????



After Daddy got home from work, we headed to Trunk or Treat at church and the Pumpkin Path in downtown Carterville.  Carterville closes off all the streets and the kids go trick-or-treating at all the local shops.  It's super crowded but such an easy way to go trick-or-treating.

Much to my surprise Keagan wanted an apple. I think the sugar was catching up to him. 


More uncooperative pictures...ugh. And yes, Keagan is wearing a necklace.  He won it at one of the booths at trunk or treat.

All in all we had a fun-filled sugary day.  I think I'm going to hide the candy.  Out of sight out of mind right?

No comments:

Post a Comment