Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kellen's Birthday (part 2)

On Kellen's birthday morning we let him open his last couple remaining presents.  He didn't know that he was going to open anything else so he was really surprised.

He got the Donkey Kong will game that he had been eyeing

After he opened presents he got to have his cupcakes for breakfast...hey - they can't be worse than a doughnut right?

I asked Kellen what he would like to do for dinner for his birthday...eat out, mommy could fix something special for him..etc...

His answer was "Mommy, I just want to go to the park and have PB&J sandwhiches and take my new fishin' pole and fish."

So that's what we did.



We had dinner at the picnic tables first.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a 13 month-old eat an entire apple...and literally not swallow a single bite.  I think it just felt good to bite into something!

haha...action shot

Keagan's job was to help get the fish out of the water when Kellen caught one.  He took it very seriously.

I love this precious picture.

Daddy and the boys are now hunting for real worms because his fake bait wasn't catching anything.

Keagan guarding the tackle box.  I threathened both of them within an inch of their lives NOT to open that box without Mommy or Daddy.  There were probably 8 hooks in there and all I could see was a trip to the ER with something sticking out of an eyeball. 


Dear Kellen, you are so sweet.  You are really starting to become a Daddy's boy.  Everything Daddy does is so cool.  This year you are starting preschool every day.  Daddy and I elected not to send you to Kindergarten yet even though you wanted to go (and because HK goes).  I will treasure this last year with you at home.  You start preschool on Tuesday and we had an open house friday.  We met your teacher(s) and some of your classmates.  I really think you're going to like it.  You are growing up on me way too fast!! I love you sweet one and can't wait to see what the next year brings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment