Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Kellen! (Part 1)

August 29th was Kellen's 5th birthday and I can hardly believe the big (little) boy he's become.  This year (as always) I asked what he would like for his birthday and what he would like on his cake/dessert of choice.  He had no strong opinion either way and really had no interest in talking about..weird huh?
So I took it upon myself to decide and I went with a shark theme.  This kid didn't miss much of shark week on tv!



I found a local person who does cakes from her home and she had done Kade's birthday cake.  So I took a chance when I asked her if she could do a cake with a great white shark coming out of it!  I think Kellen really enjoyed it.


It didn't take long for Kellen to lose his patience with waiting to open presents.  I should've just kept them in another room until it was time to open. 

Karsten and I stayed up late the night before to make a shark for pin-the-fin-on-the-shark

He recieved a spider man suitcase which he was pretty excited about.

Time to blow out the candles....

and eat the shark's head. I really wasn't expecting this.  I took the shark off the cake so I could cut the cake.  He started digging into the shark when I said it was edible.  And HK joined in....they were laughing hysterically.  I just hope we got it on video.

Thank you to everyone who came to Kellen's party....I know he (and we) enjoyed seeing everyone even though it was a little hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment