Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Living with family....Part 1

As many of you know, we sold our home in Newburgh, IN at the end of April and moved May 20th.  Our home here in Carterville wasn't going to be ready until close to July so we basically had no home.  Both sets of parents graciously let us stay with them for 6-7 weeks.  Unfortunately Karsten still had to finish up work in Evansville until the end of June.  SO I got to be a single mom that entire time.  Thankfully our parents were a big help!

I split our time between my parents and Karsten's parents.  The first go-round was with Nana and Papa Slater. 

Kade LOVED the doors.  ANY doors. He would disappear for awhile and sure enough - he was at a door practicing opening and closing it - over and over.



We brought our pool and sand box with us to Springfield.  After the initial cold spell, it finally warmed up enough to bring out the slip n slide and pool.  The boys had a blast. 

How may boys can you fit in a sand box?


 Kobe of course joined in the fun.


This table in the middle of Nana's living room has always been a huge source of entertainment for the little boys.  Kade actually started cruising well while we were there.  He practiced going round and round.

So big!

I would say this cabinet was Kade's FAVORITE thing to sneak off and do.  We would constantly find him in here pulling out the "just my size" travel bottles of lotions, shampoos...etc.  He figured out how to open one of the soaps.....that was a mess.

Hi mom!! Aren't you proud of me?

I can put LOTS in my hands!

I'm sure I'm missing lots of pictures that Nana may have on her camera, but I'll have to bum those off her later!!

Thank you Nana and Papa for ALL your help! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment