Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Kade!!

Kade celebrated his first birthday on July 9th. 
I have decided that my blogging over the next few weeks will be in no particular order...but I think I'll do some of the most important ones first...then I'll have to do some back-tracking.

Kade's birthday was actually on a saturday and unfortunately Daddy had to take an entire day long test......

So we had a quiet little party by ourselves on his actual birthday.

Kade received a fire truck ride-on from us and a few other small things.


I think his favorite thing was the singing dog card from Kellen and Keagan.  (If I would have know that $8 would have been that valuable I would've just got him more cards!!)  It's not like we need more toys!!

I made this little banner for him...it didn't turn out the way I wanted but we needed some sort of decorations!!  I love Kade's cheesy smile.....this is the look he pulls when he sees the camera.


Let's just say he ate the entire cucake.

Last weekend was our birthday party at the zoo with family.  I actually had a cake made for this party.  (Don't look too close.....it had to make a trip to St. Louis in a hot car.) 

More chocolate cake? Are you sure mommy?

We had a great time at the zoo.  It was a little difficult getting everything hauled into and out of the zoo but we had a great time (and I think everyone else did too).  It was very hot but the boys were really good and we stayed all day.

Dear Kade, can you really be a year old already? Man! A lot has happened since you've been born and I think many more changes will be coming over the next year or two.  You are so cuddly and squishy.  I love your fat cheeks.  You are soooo kissable!  You can't walk yet but you are trying.  You will take one giant step and then fall to your hands and knees.  You can climb the boys bunk bed ladder !!  Several times Kellen has come out yelling "mommy! you have to come see this!" and there you are......at the top of the ladder!! That is driving me crazy.  I think I am going to have to remove the temptation.  You are solely on table food and sippy cups!! You LOVE - I mean LOVE to wrestle with Daddy.  You think you're one of the big kids.  You are such a sweet boy.  You are dropping your morning nap and taking one long afternoon nap.  You still sleep great at night! I can't wait to see what happens in this next year.....but if I could keep you one forever I think I would!  We love you Kade!

No comments:

Post a Comment