Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Farewell Oldhams!

This post is long over due. I have been putting it off because I wanted to write something special to our dear friends the Oldhams. I still am not sure what I want to write to make it meaningful... I just don't think words will describe what their friendship has meant to us and our family.

The last weekend in June was the residency graduation. They had a nice dinner and then afterwards the residents spoke individually. I was not able to hear their speeches because I was entertaining the kids out in the lobby - one last time :-). I'm not complaining....I love watching them run around together. The dinner/ceremony was not all that kid friendly so we were trying to occupy them as best we could.


They all wanted to take off their shoes and break loose. I can't blame them for not wanting to hear speeches of people they barely know.



Tuesday night we had the Oldhams come over to our house for one last get-together before they moved. It was bittersweet. We knew this day would come. We've been in the same town(s) for the last 7 years but knew one day we would go our seperate ways. It has been an adventure to say the least and we are so excited for them to start their new lives in Eldorado.

Some pics of the evening before they moved......

Of course to stay par for the course....a third belly shot. We are 10 weeks apart again like we were with HK and Kellen. Both boys this time.


We broke out the cornhole, slip 'n slide and the "baby pool." I think the kids enjoyed themselves.


Karsten pushing HK down the slide.


All 4 of them squeezed into the sandbox to play....and played very nicely too!


Nate and Karsten competing in cornhole.


And one last picture of these two houligans. So sweet.....I think this might be one of the best pictures I have of them together. I love it.
Dear Oldhams,
We miss you already. I'm not sure really what else to say except thank you for your friendship, prayers, love and everything you have done for us. We will miss our date nights now that you are over an hours drive away!!! I feel like I'm writing this to someone who we will never see again but I know that's not true....it just seems weird that you are not just a quick 3 minute drive away!! Good luck in Eldorado......we love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment