Saturday, July 17, 2010

Big Brothers

I'm finally getting caught up...time is flying by this week! These pictures are of the boys meeting Kade for the first time.
I will never forget Keagan's reaction. He came walking into the hospital room and his eye balls were doubled in size. He just stared at me like "I forgot what you looked like and why are you here in this room...what have they done to you" kind of look. Kellen immediately wanted to see Kade...but insisted on calling him Ruby. It was so cute. Kellen called Kade Ruby for several days afterwards. I think he was slightly confused.


The boys first glance at Kade.


I'm not sure I want to touch that!


Dad had given the boys orange push-ups right before pictures. We were taking it away from him so we could get some pictures and he was not happy about it.




Kellen finally asked to hold Kade. He did a great job but hasn't really held him since. He likes to talk to him and bounce his seat and give me his opinions of what he thinks Kade needs or wants at that particular moment.


Proud big brother.


Of course the boys have to try out every new baby contraption.


I found Keagan in the chair the other day and he had bent over and turned on the vibration. He loved it and was very proud of himself!
Kade is already having to learn to defend himself as he has been whacked in the head a couple of times. Poor thing. We really do try to defend Kade but sometimes Keagan is just too quick.
Overall things are going well and the boys are adjusting. So far going from 2 -3 was easier than 1 -2.










1 comment:

  1. I also found going from 2 to 3 was a whole lot easier. The only time it's more difficult is going to the store. I no longer have room for groceries with so many kiddos :-) Kade and Cooper are going to be tough guys after putting up with their older siblings.

    ReplyDelete