Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our first day of "school"

Yesterday was yet another milestone for us. I enrolled Kellen and Keagan in a program called Mother's morning out and it's every tuesday morning from 9-12. It's not officially preschool but they do those types of activities. For Keagan it's just nursery playtime. Anyway, that morning I told Kellen that he was starting school today and bless his heart - he was so sad - that the school bus wasn't going to pick him up. I told him that I would be taking him across the street to the church. He was okay with that but was definitely disappointed.

I think he had a great time because when we got home he pouted in the hallway a good 15 minutes and wouldn't eat lunch or take his backpack off. He said he didn't want to come home. Keagan on the other hand had a rough morning. He didn't sleep AT ALL while he was there - but I don't think the other kids did either. They were all quite upset when us moms arrived back at 12.
I however had a great time for those solo 3 hours and I will look forward to it every week.
Kellen sporting his Thomas backpack. He was super excited to go to school.
Keagan oblivious to what the morning would bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment