Sunday, March 13, 2011

A weekend away

Last weekend we traveled to French Lick, IN for a trip to their indoor waterpark.  This was our first (and hopefully not the last) trip with the Oldhams.  The grandparents kept the youngest two of our clans....THANKFULLY!  There was no way we would have been able to do everything we did with the babies in tow. 

This is the big splash with two water slides.  The kids played on these a lot but my two were pretty cautious.  They never got brave enough to go down by themselves so of course mommy and daddy went down many times.

This was the "big kid" waterslide.  Betsy and I and the two guys took turns going down these.  We had a blast.

The kiddie pool was a lot of fun too.  Keagan went down so many times I lost count....and by himself too.
 


The boys were pretty cold most of the time.  Kellen took many turns on my lap wrapped up in a towel. 

Nolan and Keagan kind of look alike in the picture!

Saturday evening all 8 of us went to eat at the Boatyard.  (The restaurant in the hotel).  It was AWFUL to say the least.  Kellen heard me say how horrible the food was and he said "MOMMY!  Mine was delicious!"
 
Kellen waiting patiently for his "crab legs."  This kid has been DYING to eat crab legs.  We ordered him popcorn shrimp (because they didn't have crab) and he took out the shrimp from the outside batter/fried coating and ate the shrimp plain.  I was ready to GAG!
Luckily breakfast the next morning redeemed the restaurant.

Attempting a photo op........

I LOVE this picture.  Don't ask me what is going on here though!
The two houligans

This picture is just precious.  All three boys holding hands.  We were getting ready to leave and they had to admire the place one more time.  I think they were waiting patiently for the 1000 gallon bucket of water to dump and splash everyone. 

We had a great time and can't wait to go back! We are heading back next year with the Slater side for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of the three boys! I didn't see that! So sweet! That will be a fun one to show them some day!

    ReplyDelete