Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm a big boy now

Friday night we made the BIG switch.  Keagan moved into his big boy bed and is now sharing a room with Kellen.  I dreaded this move forever because Keagan does not do well with change sometimes.  However, out of the last 6 nights we have only had a couple of rough ones.  The first night Keagan cried when we put him to bed and then woke up from 2-3am screaming. Of course then Kellen started crying because he just wanted to go back to sleep and not have a screaming brother in his room.  Then the other morning he woke the whole house up at 5:00 am with his screaming. Sometimes I wish I had that universal remote that I could mute things with! 
We have had to be a little creative with nap time since Kellen still takes a nap too but sometimes doesn't and would rather play.  The other day I laid both of them down at the same time.....that doesn't work too well yet.  I had to keep going in there to remind them to settle down.  One time they were in the same bed and Kellen told me "mom, I just want to tickle him!"  Then another time I went in and Kellen was on his top bunk leaning over the side shooting Keagan with the nerf gun. Needless to say I told Kellen to just come out to the living room until Keagan fell asleep or he could camp out in the nursery.  So Kellen spent a couple of nights "camping out" on the floor in the nursery until Keagan adjusted.  The only thing I have to figure out now is how to make it dark and bright in there at the same time.  Come ON kids....I'm not super woman. Kellen likes the light and Keagan likes the dark.....go figure.....they could not be more different.

No comments:

Post a Comment