Sunday, April 8, 2012

Potty training - take 2....one for memory book

I need to record this now...before I forget.  So bear with me.

We have unsuccessfully potty trained Keagan - TWICE.  I never thought I would be saying this...Kellen was a breeze and well, Keagan has a different agenda.  I really did think he was ready.  He willingly sat on the potty (after me bribing him with a tractor ride with Pa), but he continued sitting on the toilet.  But never ONCE peed in the toilet   He now knows how to hold it though - for long periods of time.  

The other day at lunch he had no diaper or underwear on.  I usually put a towel on my kitchen chair (in case of an accident) and on this particular day I forgot.  

So we are halfway through lunch and he proceeds to pee all over the chair.  Urine was puddled around his feet (he was eating with his feet tucked under his legs), dripping off the chair, and puddling onto the floor.  After I said "Keagan, is there something you need to tell me? Did you know you are pottying all over the chair?"  My clever Keagan then said this in an exasperated voice: "MOOOMMM!! You forgot to put the towel on the chair!"  

My response to myself was - what? No, "oops mommy, or mommy I had an accident, or sorry mommy!" 

I just can't figure out this kid! It was so funny and crazy to me that he responded with that comment. To him I'm sure it seemed appropriate and totally logical to a 3-year-old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment