Monday, April 16, 2012

Some time away

I hardly ever post about my hubby and myself....especially together at the same time!  Karsten had a conference in Pensacola back in March (yes, I'm a month behind) and I tagged along with him.  WITHOUT the kids.  I was torn about whether or not to take them.  I wanted them to go but the thought of me - by myself -  at the ocean with three kids who cannot swim,  was overwhelming to me.  

So Karsten and I enjoyed some much needed time away together.  We really have not gone anywhere since Kellen has been born that was more than a night or two away.  


Foley, Alabama was about 40 minutes away so I told him we HAD to go to Lambert's restaurant.  He had never had a roll thrown at him before and I thought he needed to experience that!

The view off our balcony



We stayed at Margaritaville Hotel.  It was really neat and of course was all Jimmy Buffet themed. 





I was actually glad that the boys didn't come...the ocean water was too cold and it was pretty windy too.  It was nice enough to walk around though.



I took the pictures of the crab and this little shrimp (I think) just for the boys.  They would have been thrilled to see this.

Overall we had a great time.  I missed the boys after a few days and I was ready to come home but at the same time I enjoyed the peace and quiet.  It's such a catch 22 you know? You want the quiet, but when it's here it's too quiet and you would give anything to hear their loud laughing voices again.  But for myself, I need some time away once in awhile to be a better mother: to have a fresh perspective and a renewed thankfulness for what God has blessed me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment