Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

The tree has officially been up since the weekend of Thanksgiving and I am loving it.  I love the smell, but I love making memories with the kids most of all.

As tradition, we find either a tree farm or a local Home Depot/Lowe's to find a real tree.  We prefer Fraser Firs..

It was blustery wind/rain out that evening.  So let's just say we picked the first one...


Mommy - I cold - I not moving.

I have decided we need an extra set of hands.  It's extremely hard to video tape/take regular pictures and keep the kids out of the way, all while telling Karsten which way to hold and turn the tree.

Our old lights officially died - so we opted for the round LED lights.

How do I get these things out?

I don't know buddy - the same way you get out anything - destroy it.

The boys were fascinated with the lights and getting them out of the packing.


My most helpful "unhelper"
I have this picture memorized.  I just think it's precious.



We now put the star on TWICE

Next year we will be putting it on three times.

I wish I had better pictures but I was video taping at the same time.  We also had a young one (I won't mention any names) literally chucking every ornament or "ball" out of the boxes.  I just could not keep up!!

I think next year we are going to have a "memory tree" that all the kids can decorate with their own ornaments  and hand-made items and then I can have my pretty tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment