Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We celebrated Christmas with just our family this morning. It was nice for the kids to wake up in their own home and not have to leave or go anywhere today.  However by lunch time we were ready to go out and do something! We are celebrating Christmas with the Dudley side in January so we get to have Christmas several times!

What would Christmas Eve be without watching Polar Express and drinking hot chocolate?  This has been our annual tradition for the last several years.

Last night after the movie and reading Twas the night before Christmas we sat out the Christmas cookies we had made earlier in the day.  The next series of shots are of my attempt to have the two older boys sit in the chair by the table with the cookies for santa.  If you know Keagan, this will not come as a surprise to you............


Keagan: "I want cooooooookie!!!!!!!!!"
Mommy: "No, sorry Keagan.  It's bed time and those are for Santa" 

Keagan: "waaaaa, whine whine waaaa"

Keagan: "uuuuugghhhh!!!  Cookie!!!""""

Keagan: getting louder and more out of control
Mommy: "Keagan, you're going to go into time out for your fit"

Keagan: I'm going to get one..I don't care what this woman tells me

Keagan: "Please mommy!!"

Keagan: "I'll get as close as I can"
Mommy: "Don't you dare touch those!"

Well, that about sums it up!  I wasn't even going to tempt him because I knew this would probably happen.  But I really wanted him to be involved.  Oh well.  A couple of time-outs later he was cool as a cucumber.

This morning the milk was gone and so were the cookies.  Santa left a note for the boys explaining how yummy the cookies were and that he shared them with Mrs. Claus and his reindeer.


We attempted to read the Christmas story with everyone but Keagan wanted to play ball and Kade was being a sleepy head.  Hey - two out of five isn't too bad!

The boys enjoyed opening presents and played the rest of the morning.  Karsten and I decided that Christmas is over way too fast! 





Kade finally woke up and joined us.  His first Christmas!


Laying on his new pillow pet.

The best picture I could get out of all three...had to include Bailey's tail!

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment