Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer time treats

These past couple of weeks have been really hot - especially for the end of May. We have definitely spent a lot of time outside and enjoyed the weather.

Keagan had his first popsicle this week - or should I make that plural......we've gone through about a whole box of them!! It was so funny watching him eat it. He would say oooh and aaah and pretend that it was too cold for his mouth but then didn't want to stop eating it either. By the time he was done I thought he looked like a vampire!











These are pretty good mama!!

We also got out the sprinkler. It's amazing what one year does. When we first bought this sprinkler Kellen was not too fond of it. Now he asks to get it out multiple times a day and just loves getting soaked.






Keagan just wanted to enjoy it from a distance. He watched Kellen very closely and was pretty mad when he pushed him into the sprinkler.

Kellen is enjoying "water activities" so much more than he did last summer so we decided that we needed to get a slip-and-slide. Of course Karsten went straight to Wal-mart that evening to buy one....he called me while he was there and I told him he couldn't buy it! I know I'm so mean! I decided that it was a special treat for Kellen and that he would need to "earn" it. So we made him a chore chart that we thought he would accomplish easily. So far no slip-and-slide. He's only got a few more stickers to earn on his chart but he's at a stand still. When he doesn't want to do a chore he tells me he doesn't want the slip-and-slide. Oh stubborn!! I think Karsten wants it more than Kellen does!! I'll keep you posted....maybe by next weekend we'll have pictures of the slide!

1 comment:

  1. What chores do you have on his chart? I'm starting one for Grayson.

    ReplyDelete