Friday, June 11, 2010

Camping

This past weekend Karsten had a four-day-weekend and we took the opportunity to head home one last time before I couldn't travel any longer. Kellen has been begging to go camping probably since about February. I kept trying to explain to him we had to wait until it was warmer out. Finally he got his chance! Mom and Dad took the camper over to New Salem in Petersburg (just about 15 miles away) and set up camp. Kellen was so excited. I think Keagan enjoyed himself too.


Keagan and Pa hanging out while Daddy and Kellen went searching for bugs.

Here are a few shots of Keagan just exploring and wandering around....







Of course Keagan wanted to help find bugs too......Mom had bought a bug box, net, and several other bug catching things for the boys. They loved it.


Kellen showing Nana what he had found so far.




I think Kellen and my dad are starting to look more alike every year. I took Kellen to get his hair cut before we left and the lady went a little happy with the buzzer. His hair is really short. Oh well.


And this picture just does not do poor Kellen justice. The mosquitos were HORRIBLE at the camp site. They ate Kellen and Keagan alive and that was AFTER several applications of bug spray!!
Karsten and I had taken Keagan back to mom and dad's to spend the night and Kellen got to spend the night at the campground. When we came back the next morning mom had warned us that Kellen had a lot of bug bites. I'm not exaggerating...I think I counted between 20-30 just on on his face alone!!! Kellen was miserable and so dad went into town and got him some anti-itch cream and then later I went and got some benadryl. I think he just reacts badly to bug bites. Either way Kellen said he was done camping....we'll see....I can say I can't blame him though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment