Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A work in progress

Karsten and I have started our landscaping project: actually it's been started for about a month now but since it's been raining about everyday it's slow going. I know our neighbors probably think "are they ever going to get that done?" I can assure you we will! There's only a finite amount of time when Karsten is home, it's not raining, the boys are asleep so I can help him......One more reason to be closer to home honey!!! :-)

Anyway, just thought I would post some pictures of what has been done so far.
This is the back yard around Kellen's sandbox. Since he kept throwing the sand all over the grass we decided to try and contain it. BUT we made the big mistake of putting black mulch down. It's making a huge mess. It is dying his sandbox black - not to mention the dogs feet and Kellen's hands and feet! So we will be removing it and replacing it with rock.
Part of our front yard: We extended the landscaping and are receiving our two trees and a truck load of mulch tomorrow. I'm so excited! I hope it doesn't rain too much so we can get those things planted!!!
Hopefully we can finish up this week - if it doesn't rain too much!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!! Ever thought about a veggie garden? (mmmmm....tomatoes....)

    ReplyDelete