Thursday, January 15, 2009

OUCH!!!

No, I'm not saying ouch to any contractions - although I wish I were! I just have to tell you a funny/sad story.
The other night I was fixing sloppy joes. Because I still have pregnancy brain, I completely forgot to saute the onion with the hamburger meat. SO as I was browning the meat and remembered that I needed the onion, it was too late. I decided I would get some onion powder and salt out of the spice cabinet above the stove. You can only imagine what happened next. As my large protuding abdomen was hovering over the pan on the stove I leaned a little too far and seared it - I mean a good 3 inch burn on my already super sensitive skin!!
Karsten came home from work almost immedietly after this happened and I was almost in tears. The burn had already blistered and my belly felt like it was going to split open! I told him I was done with this pregnancy and would do anything to get this child out! BUT I'm still pregnant. SIGH! Karsten then had to encourage me by saying - that's going to leave a scar!
Anyway, I'll spare you the pictures. It's not attractive. Poor me!!

4 comments:

  1. ohhh Brookie... you poor pathetic thing... you really just need to HAVE THAT BABY! Come on baby Keagan, join the outside world... it's not so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you sweetie! This too shall pass.
    Hugs
    Polly and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an ouch, but it will be a good story to share with Keagan when he is older. Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke! Just found your blog...love it. Just wanted to say hi and good luck with your new little one. Hopefully you are in labor, like now. Also hope your burned belly feels better. Again, so glad I found your blog (through Shannon's...I read her blog and I don't think she know's it.) I'll be checking in to catch a pic of the new baby when he comes!

    ReplyDelete