Monday, February 13, 2012

Saturday morning entertainment


Saturday mornings are precious to me...especially when we have nowhere to go or nothing important to do.  However, during the cold weather I struggle with keeping the boys busy and entertained.  Other times they think of things on their own and completely entertain themselves.

This particular morning was quite eventful.  Their imaginations were soaring and I loved it.


Keagan and Kade decided they wanted to paint

and Kellen played pirate

Kade was taking his artwork very seriously...don't you just want to eat up that chubby body of his???



After painting, the boys continued their pirate adventures....

can you make out that the top bunk is the ship?

Complete with cannons

the telescope

and captain Jack Sparrow's compass

After they found the treasure Keagan came out wearing a pirate/artist/mommy's shoes outfit....

Kade learned to pull his pants down all by himself....he was quite proud

The boys (and Daddy) are constantly building forts with my couches.  I know it's fun for them....it drives me crazy though sometimes....but I try to relax about the messes they make.  Soon they won't even want to be in the same room with me.  So the couches can be replaced - but the memories will stay with me forever.  


Keagan was pretending he broke his foot

Another morning we set up their tent in the living room.  They LOVE having a tent to play in.  In fact I think we have 3 different types of tents and or tunnels.  They can't get enough


So if you are wondering what we do around here....this is what.  I am trying to enjoy this time....not having a bunch of obligations, sporting events, practices.....all the stuff I know will eventually come.  Happy Saturdays!




No comments:

Post a Comment