Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The new "fantasy fortress"

A couple of months ago (yes, I'm way behind) we finally found our way to the Boo Memorial Park in Carbondale.  We had heard about this park and how neat (and huge) it was but I needed to wait until Daddy could go with us...it had been rumored that it was easy to get lost here....and it's definitely true. 

The park was donated by parents who had lost their young boy in a tragic accident.  He was a huge fan of "fantasy and castles/dragon"s..you name it.  So they went all out.  I didn't take very many pictures because I was too busy trying to find the boys. 

The entire ground is covered in what I called chocolate sprinkles but are actually recycled and shredded tires.  It was really nice to walk and play on and definitely beats mulch or pebbles. 

The entire park looks like a GIANT wooden castle.  The entire thing is a maze with itty bitty hiding places and twists and turns.  Around a corner you may find a dragon in chains or a pirate in prison.  Kade enjoyed peeping through the cracks at his brothers.
Kade had not been walking very long when we came here.  He definitely had a hard time picking up speed.

The giant dragon seemed to be a favorite climbing obstacle.

On the dragon's head.



We had a great time.  But I don't think I can go by myself yet - I just need an extra pair of eyes to help me find the boys in all those hiding places.


No comments:

Post a Comment