Tuesday, May 3, 2011

30 days of being 30

I wasn't going to do a post about my birthday.....mostly because I dreaded admitting that I am now 30...and have been for over 30 days now.  Sigh.

I decided to reflect back on this decade of being twenty and as I really started thinking, I realized how many things have happend and how God has truly blessed my life. 

On the weekend of my birthday both sets of family came to visit.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. 








I'm going to list everything that has happened over the past decade....at least the major milestones and events that have impacted my life forever.  So here goes........

  • Met and became engaged to my best friend.
  • Finished and graduated from Bradley University with my BSN in nursing
  • Married my best friend
  • Karsten started the long journey of medical school
  • Started a career (that lasted 5 years) of ICU nursing
  • Bought our first house
  • Got our first baby (Bailey)
  • Got another furry baby (Murphy)
  • Had our first child (Kellen)
  • Sold our first house
  • Moved and bought another house in Evansville
  • Karsten graduated and started residency in Evansville
  • Had another baby (Keagan)
  • Had one more baby (Kade)
  • Karsten matched with a fellowship in Carbondale, IL
  • Sold our house in Newburgh
  • Getting ready to graduate from residency and then a big move to Carterville, IL
Wow! We have been busy.  I am so blessed with what God has given to me over the past 10 years.  I am so thankful for His Mercies.....because it has not been an easy road.  I just hope that the next 10 years will be as great as these past 10 years!!


No comments:

Post a Comment