Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July

My little firecracker


Our plans for celebrating the 4th didn't go so well since it was freezing and raining outside. Mom and I went into town and then later watched a movie while the boys napped. Believe it or not, Karsten, his dad and brother, and my dad went golfing in the rain. Most of the fireworks were cancelled but the ones in Plains at the high school weren't. So my mom kept Keagan at home and Dad, Karsten, Kellen and I headed out into the cold rain.
Luckily, my Dad's cousins own a construction business and have a shop close to the high school. So we ventured over there to find shelter.
To Kellen's surprise there were inloaders, bobcats...you name it - FORGET the fireworks!!

At the controls

We finally talked Kellen out of the bobcat so we could sit and watch the fireworks.
It was pretty chilly outside. Kellen loved cuddling with Daddy right before the fireworks started.
Kellen did love the fireworks though. He kept calling them spider webs! Sometimes I wonder where he gets his ideas. It was cute. Unfortunately most of the fireworks were behind the clouds so all you could see was colored clouds. It was neat though. Hopefully next year it will be warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment