Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin pickin' and carvin'


Yesterday after church Karsten and I took Kellen to a local pumpkin patch/Farmer's Market. He had been looking forward to carving pumpkins ever since we started reading his Pumpkin Day, Pumpkin Night book several times a day.
Mayes Farmers market has lots of produce, several pumpkin patch fields, hay rides, corn mazes and straw mazes for the kids. We had a great time and it was probably one of the last nice days we are going to have for awhile.

Hey Dad, I found my pumpkin!!


Kellen in the straw maze


Look how much I've grown. (It doesn't look like much compared to last year!) :-)

Driving to school - although I'd rather be in a combine! Let's get home and carve those pumpkins!!

Later that evening Daddy and Kellen carved the pumpkins while I roasted the pumpkin seeds. They are very good I might add!


Kellen thought he was pretty special after he received his very own kid friendly knife. However, Kellen did NOT like scooping out the seeds or touching the inside of the pumpkin whatsoever - are you surprised!?!


Here he is showing off his knife.

Check out the final project!! Kellen was very proud of his work (eh hemm.. Daddy's work).

We lit the jack-o-lanterns right before he went to bed. It was a very special pumpkin day indeed!

1 comment: