Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kellen's first day of Kindergarten

Oh how can this be happening? My first baby is off to school.  It seems like I blinked and he's 6 now.  I remember staring at him in awe the day he was born...ugh.



Kellen REALLY wanted to ride the bus.  So we compromised. We take him to school in the mornings and he rides the bus home.  I worry about what goes on during the bus ride home but I have to trust that Kellen is in God's hands. 
I waited at the end of the driveway for him everyday..for maybe the first 4 days.  THEN Mr. Independent told me I didn't need to wait for him...to just drop off his bike at the end of the driveway and he would ride it up the drive.  I know there is no harm in letting him find his way back home (up the driveway) but my heart sinks when I know he no longer needs me for things.






Kellen is doing great and he LOVES school.  I love his teacher and I know that he will have a great experience there.  The first couple of weeks were hard on all of us. He was super tired and moody - not at all like him.  However he has adjusted now and comes home happy and a little more talkative.  I love seeing and hearing about school and all that he is doing.  Happy 1st day of Kindergarten!!


No comments:

Post a Comment