Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy 6th Birthday Kellen!

It's weird to say that I am a mother of a 6 year old....I feel like I should still have a baby!!

Time flies

Anyway, we celebrated Kellen's 6th birthday in between rain showers over Labor Day weekend. I was so glad that it stopped raining long enough for the party. I had planned for LOTS of outdoor activities.


When the guests first arrived I had mustaches, swords, eye patches, and bandanas...everything you needed to be a pirate.

Our homeade ship....Karsten and I worked together one morning to build this pirate ship - complete with a plank to walk.

Two of my favorite pirates...Kellen and HK


I love this picture (my dad in the background attacking Kobe) :-)

I told Karsten he looked like a 70's pirate that should be on some sit-com. 

I wish I would have taken a picture of our pirate treasure map, but Karsten slaved over a real-life treasure map complete with clues.  The kids had to follow the clues and find the buried treasure. We actually buried a chest filled with all kinds of goodies.  We literally ran all over the place so I didn't have a chance to get the pictures.






Gina and Lauren, our beloved friends and neighbors from Carterville came for the party.




My three pirates. Who needs a playground?






Kellen received a new hot wheel type thing that has 360 degree wheels and a spark thrower.  It has been the "it" item with any kid who has been to our house.

Kellen, these past 6 years have been such a joy.  You are growing up...in fact you just lost your first tooth.  You came home one day from school a couple weeks ago and said "I had a bad day." When I asked you why, you told me with teary eyes..."my tooth is loose."  I guess I had not prepared you for what losing a tooth would feel like or how you would feel about it.  You are such an easy going guy with a kind heart and bright eyes.  I love you to the moon and back! Happy 6th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment