Thursday, August 23, 2012

What are boxes for?

My boys LOVE boxes..they always have and they probably always will.  

Obviously we moved this summer and had stacks and stacks of boxes everywhere!  We gave many of them away but kept some of the big ones for the boys to play in (and rip apart).

Cousins Preston and Bennett came a couple of days after we moved and Keagan and Kellen gave their beds to them....so they could sleep in the boxes.  What a trade off!


Somehow Kade kept finding pens and markers around the house.  He wanted to "color" the boxes.


Concentrating 

You can see the packing paper behind Kade....as I am writing this I'm wondering how many times I hollered at the boys to pick it back up and put it in the bag.  They kept telling me it was snow.  They would rip it apart and throw it up in the air and let it fall.  Their imaginations soared this summer - especially with no TV - which I loved. 

Our boxes are long gone but for some reason, these days hold dear to my heart - the summer we began anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment