Monday, May 14, 2012

Kellen's first catch

Last year for Kellen's 5th birthday, he received a fishing pole and tackle box.  Up until a couple weekends ago, he had yet to catch a fish.  

We made another trip to Mt. Carmel to work on the house where Daddy, cousin Kobe, and Kellen spent some quality time together fishing.  Kellen's first catch was a catfish.  

He was so excited.  Kobe came running into the house hollering for me to get my camera.  So I came running out of course to get some pictures before the poor catfish died.


Kellen LOVED it.  He wanted to hold it and touch all the parts of it - especially the eyeballs.  He actually touched the eyeballs...


I kept telling Karsten to hurry up and get it back into the water before it died....it did survive quite a traumatic experience....I imagine it would be like us drowning - gulping for air - except the opposite for a fish.  How horrible!!

Anyway, we had another productive weekend there and Kevin helped us get the floors in the kitchen laid.. I also finished painting the kitchen cabinets.  So we are making progress! 

No comments:

Post a Comment