Saturday, August 15, 2009

Outdoor fun

While we were in Pleasant Plains last week with Grandad and our family, I tried to keep things upbeat and "normal" for the boys. I really didn't feel like playing or being excited about anything - it felt wrong to be happy while Grandad's life was slipping away. BUT every time I felt like feeling sorry for him or myself I would remember that Grandad would NOT want that. SO we did hang out at the pool and played at Nana and Pa's like ususal and Kellen took MANY rides in the tractors and trucks. One of Grandad's favorite things was to watch his grandchildren swim. He built it for all of us. Do you know how many kids learned to swim there?? Probably hundreds!! He would have gotten a kick out of this picture:


"AAaaah, nothing better than sippin on a cool bottle in the pool"


"come on Oscar - come slide with me!!"
Keagan trying out the baby swing at Nana and Pa's.
Life will go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment